Your hunt with TANA SAFARIS
Should one be interested in Leopard hunting, TANA Safaris needs to be informed at least one year in advance. This is due to the application of a tag as well as for the preparation of such a hunt. For a Leopard hunt, a minimum stay of 10 days is applicable for the hunter.
Hunters can rent different calibre rifles from TANA Safaris at an additional cost. The calibre to rent will depend on the species to be hunted.
For trophy hunters, TANA Safaris will be responsible for the field preparation of your trophies and/or hides. Thereafter the trophies and/or hides will be passed onto the best local taxidermist, for pack, dip and shipment. The taxidermist will be taking over full responsibility for your trophies and/or hides.
Imperative is that we are well informed before-hand regarding to what species are to be hunted, so that TANA Safaris can apply in advance for the necessary permits from the government.
Namibia is a very safe country and we recommend all our hunters to bring their spouse and children along.
Your equipment should include:
- Dark or camouflage coloured clothes
- Warm clothes for the cold hours in the morning and evening
- Well walked in shoes
- Hat and sunscreen
- Minimum caliber: 308 with at least 168 gr bullets
- You are allowed to bring along 2 calibres and 80 rounds per calibre
- Handguns and automatics are not allowed
- it is imperative that you bring a rifle that you can handle comfortably
Ohiwa (Main Ranch):
- Namibian Gemsbuck
- Mountain Zebra
- And lots more
Luxury underroof tents or lovely indoor lodging, depending on bookings.